The 8th International Conference on Scanning Probe Spectroscopy (SPS'19) will be held in Hamburg, Germany on June 17-20, 2019, following the previous conferences 1997, 2003, 2009, 2015 in Poznań, Poland, and 2000, 2006 in Hamburg and 2012 in Timmendorfer Strand, Germany.
This meeting will focus on recent advances in instrumental developments, experimental methods, theoretical conceptions and applications of scanning probe spectroscopy.
The topics include:
- scanning tunneling spectroscopy
- inelastic scanning tunneling spectroscopy
- spin-polarized tunneling spectroscopy
- scanning force microscopy and spectroscopy
- scanning near-field optical spectroscopy
- Wilson Ho, UC Irvine
- Joe Stroscio, NIST Gaithersburg
- Qikun Xue, Tsinghua University Beijing
- Franz Giessibl, University of Regensburg
- Oliver Groening, EMPA Dübendorf
- Leo Gross, IBM Zurich
- Shuji Hasegawa, University of Tokyo
- Jinfeng Jia, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Peter Liljeroth, Aalto
- José Ignacio Pascual, Nanogune, San Sebastian
- Jascha Repp, University of Regensburg
- Hidemi Shigekawa, Tsukuba
- Tong Zhang, Fudan University, Shanghai
- Call for papers: January 15, 2019
- Submission of abstracts: March 31, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2019
- Conference Registration: May 1, 2019
- Conference: June 17-20, 2019
The scientific program will include plenary talks (40 min), invited talks (30 min) and contributed talks (20 min) as well as poster presentations. Detailed instructions for submission of one-page abstracts are given on the conference website.
A reception on the ocacasion of the 100-years anniversary of TU Poznań and the University of Hamburg on June 17th as well as a conference excursion with banquet are planned.
The conference will take place at the Bucerius Law School located in the city center of Hamburg next to the Physics Department of the University of Hamburg.